The HRA Foundation (HRAF) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization established in 2005 to provide music and arts education to under-served children, including those with terminal illness or special needs in the Los Angeles area.
Our mission is to:
- Bring quality music and arts instruction to at risk youth and children in need.
- Promote the growth and development of children by teaching them to write, record and perform their own original music as well as the creation of original films and art. HRAF strives to supply the need with whatever creative outlet is most desired.
- Help these young artists to gain confidence in an artistic aspect of their lives, which then grows into other skills and other goals, be they academic or personal.
- Foster a community that actively supports their children’s individual creative voices.
- Provide a unique hands-on volunteering opportunity for future leaders, teachers and artists.
HRAF is also a mobile program that travels to schools, hospitals, homes and community centers. The Foundation provides their innovative “Unleash Your Voice” assemblies free of charge to Title I schools in the Los Angeles area. All of this is in addition to scholarships for individual students to participate in the HRA After-School Program. Instruction and musical instruments are given to each child at no cost to their families.
Now, however, The HRA Foundation has also broadened it’s goals to reach a larger group of young people. We have also brought our creative immersion programs to organizations that serve groups with many other special needs.